Portrait of a dreamer
The beautiful work of art, made by Joseph Klibansky, is floating in Amsterdam. Without our constructor, Wilco de Groot, this would not have been possible.
The artwork 'self-portrait of a dreamer' was made by the Dutch artist Joseph Klibansky and can be admired on the Museumplein in Amsterdam. The astronaut balances on a chair, with a vase of flowers on his right foot.
Our constructor makes this possible
This 13-metre sculpture is situated above the pond and our designer Wilco de Groot ensured that the dreamer could actually float. After Lowlands, Zwolle and Venice, the statue is located in Amsterdam near the Rijksmuseum. The statue will be on display at one of the most touristic locations in our country until 28 August 2018. Did you see it yet?
Facts about the artwork
- The artwork is 13 meters high
- Highest sculpture ever in the pond
- Materials used: Acrylic paint, fibre-reinforced plastic, iron, synthetic resin and silk flowers
- Stands in the pond on the Museumplein in Amsterdam
- Placed on 26 June 2018
- Moves on 28 August to another location
- Part of the ARTZUID event